1. Check with any Caramoan local if Survivor is currently shooting. If there’s a current Survivor shoot, you won’t be able to go island hopping to nearby spots.
2. Check if island hopping will be a short trip or a long trip. (March 2012 boat prices as per Kuya Ramil – 2500 long trip, 1500 short trip; the boat I think could accommodate 6 passengers). Apart from the boat rent being high, you would sorely miss all those nearby spots, too (relative to no.1 post) . Please use this website as reference to those islands. I do not own that website. http://www.pinoytravelfreak.com/2011/11/caramoan-island-hopping-short-trip.html (short trip) and http://www.pinoytravelfreak.com/2012/03/caramoan-island-hopping-long-trip.html (long trip).
3. Ask the inn you would be staying if it’s in the town proper or in Paniman Beach. If you are to stay at inns in the town proper, you have to at least take a 30-min or less trip to Paniman beach, the jump-off point in island hopping. Being able to dip in the nearby beach is an added perk in staying at Paniman Beach.
4. There is a two-hour trip from Naga to Sabang port. Another two-hour boat ride from Sabang Port to Guijalo Port (Caramoan). At Guijalo Port, around 45-min to an hour trip to Paniman Beach. So please make neccassary travel adjustments (inline with your flight schedule).
5. Earliest boat trip from Sabang to Guijalo Port is 7AM, interval of two hours for succeeding trips. Last time we went there, last trip from Sabang to Guijalo is 1PM. From Guijalo Port to Sabang, earliest is 8AM. I forgot what time the last boat trip is from Guijalo Port. So make sure you don’t schedule your flight to Manila earlier than 1PM (assuming you will take all the earliest trips from Caramoan; CamSur’s airport is in Pili, not in Naga).
<Naga (2 hour jeep or FX van trip) — Sabang Port (2 hour boat ride) — Guijalo Port>
6. If you would be travelling in group, I suggest you don’t take any package tour. Caramoan is backpacker friendly so make it a DIY trip!
7. SUN and GLOBE don’t have signal in Caramoan, so bring a SMART sim with you. (March 2012 was the date we’re there, I am not certain if signals for Sun and Globe have already improved)
Note : We stayed at Kuya Ramil’s house (300/pax/night) who happens to own several boats for island hopping. Contact number : 0907-4351962
Return to Home.