I was tagged by a friend (si Alvin) in facebook. I was a bit challenged to come up with 25 Random things about me. So here is my list :
1. I love Chocolates! What would life be without it, anyway?
2. I super hate reptiles! Snakes. Lizards. Eeeewww!
3. I’ve recently discovered I have a passion for cooking.
4. I don’t believe in first impression. I don’t believe it lasts. Prejudice can hinder a friendship to blossom.
5. During one of our accent trainings, one of my co-trainees thought I was a librarian in my former life!
6. I am the worst swimmer. I panick at the thought that nothing’s beneath my feet to step on. It is with this reason that I am ultra-paranoid when riding any water vessel, ferry, boat, etc…
7. I read Tagalog Romance Novels. I am a fanatic!
8. I believe that some good things never last, yet, some don’t even start.
9. I am a crybaby. Madali akong paiyakin, sobra!
10. Naging crush ko si Eric Fructouso ng Gwapings, Spencer Reyes ng Streetboys at si Wowie de Guzman ng UMD. (Pero dati pa ‘yon! Ngayon si John Lloyd na! I love you Lloydie!!!)
11. I have around a thousand books.
12. When I was younger, many people said I am a younger version of Cherie Gil…but that fact I had never seen myself, ’til now.
13. I have always wanted to work as an NGO volunteer. Maraming hindi naniniwala pero mabait naman ako! (Ang hindi maniwala, PANGIT!)
14. I can die for a friend or a family, that’s how deep I love!
15. I only have two major crushes in life. I don’t easily fall in love!
16. I can never exercise and go on a DIET! Hello, sarap kaya kumain, noh!
17. I’d rather live alone with my unrequited love to my grave than be with someone I can never love.
18. Sabi ng nanay ko, hindi daw totoong may malas…hindi lang tama ang timing! Oo nga, I agree with her.
19. It’s easy to provoke me but when someone made me cry because of anger, I’m the last to forgive. My wrath will rot with me to the grave.
20. I rarely smile, but I laugh a lot because I am a happy person.
21. When I say I love a person, I mean it. I don’t easily give up. I don’t easily forget.
22. I want to be a writer.
23. I climb mountains.
24. I love Johnny Depp. As in all of him.
25. I can eat 3 green mangoes in a row without drinking water, without patis, bagoong or salt, just plain mangoes…SARAP!
Had this misconception that famous peepz are total snobs! I was proven otherwise by some of these people :
Kaye Samson, head coach, Philippine Special Olympics, Badminton team. Grabe ang babaeng ito, nakaka-inspire. I was just so moved by Kara David’s presentation of Tagumpay sa Shangahai in 2007 that I made a blog entry out of that. I didn’t know she’d make a comment and would respond to my queries. I hope to finally meet her in person and be part of the Philippine team, kahit sa maliit na paraan lang.
Crystal Orteza, writer, Dream Catcher Series, Bookworms Realm Digital Publishing. When she promises something,she delivers. Grabe ang dedication sa fans (yes, fans talaga! Cge na nga fanatic readers na lang) whom she considers friends and sisters na rin. Masipag mag-reply yan, mapa-frienster or forum man, kahit personal email, pinapatos niyan, hehehe.. Mahilig ding mag-basa ng blog ko yan. Hoping to finally see her in person.
Heart Yngrid, writer, PHR. There was a time na sobra akong na-obsess sa Drop Dead Playboys and no matter how busy she is, she takes time answering inquiries sa friendster account niya. Halos araw araw ko atang kinukulit sa PM si Heart and she would always reply.
Tarra Buluran, writer, MSV. Nakakatuwa si Ms Tarra kasi talagang in-invite pa ko para sumama sa husband niyang mountaineer sa isang event. She would really answers all queries. Pati sa blog ko bumibisita din yan.
Aimz Cruz, artist. Magaling yan, kahit friend ko yan, talgang magaling yan!
“Malapit na pala ang Valentines Day. At ang touching na tanong sa mga single…
Do you feel any pressure right now? “
‘Twas an SMS sent by Bhibe while I was having breakfast earlier sa Tropical Hut sa Cubao (mag-plug daw ba ala commercial model). As usual I was alone co’z Thursday is my “Me Day”. Napangiti ako kahit mukha akong tanga. Kasi naman sanay na ako sa mga ganitong text tuwing may mga special occasions. Lagi na lang “questionable” kundi man “intriguing” ang pagiging single ko. Minsan nga nakakapikon na, ano nga bang masama maging single at 27? It’s as if being single is an ugly status, a plague, an indication that something might be wrong with you. Pero I am not at all bothered. Why should I? Hawak ko ang oras ko, wala akong iniintindi na kailangang pagpaalaman pa kung may mg amajor decisions akong gagawin sa buhay. And I could be whoever I choose to be with!
Minsan tinanong ako ng isang friend ko, hindi daw ba ako naiinggit sa ibang may mga ka-holding hands habang nag-mo-malling, sa mga couples na nagsusubuan ng pagkain, hindi daw ba ako naiilang minsan sumama sa ibang friends ko na may akay-akay or nakaakbay na bf tuwing may mga get-together…Hmmm…I wouldn’t say na naiinggit ako, pero nagwo-wonder naman ako minsan kung paano nga ba ang buhay ko if I’ve entered coupledom. Masaya kaya ako? Malambing na gf? Selosa? Demanding? Nagger? Well, naiisip ko din naman ang mga ganitong bagay…paminsan-minsan nga lang! (Hehehe)
Comment naman ng mga friends ko kaya hindi daw ako nagb-bf e dahil choosy ako (we had conversed sa YM:)
malen: ang choosy mo ha
janis: may darating pa naman ata
janis: baka na-traffic lang…
janis: kaya wait lang tayo ng konti
janis: male-late lang sila
malen: sobrang late na kaaaayaaaaaaaa
eto pa …
irene: napaka – pihikan naman!
janis: hndi naman…no magagawa ko wla akong makita
irene: wag ka kasi maghanap
irene: yung sa akin dumating na lang
janis: wala na sigurong darating…
janis: mukhang sobrang late na…hehhe
irene: anu ka ba
irene: bata ka pa!
janis: hindi late lang ung darating…na-traffic ata
Pero baka nga sobrang late na at hindi ko na namamalayan ang oras? As if on cue, tumugtog pa ung Mojofly song sa background, di ko alam kung tinatakot or pinapa-guilty ako :
“Laging bigo laging sawi sa pag ibig
Minamalas o kay sakit
May balat nga ba ako sa pwet
Gusto ko lang maranasan umibig
Tamaan ni kupido
Gusto ko lang maranasan ang langit
Tumibok muli ang puso ko
Tumatakbo ang oras naiiwan na ako
Nakaka-pressure nga bang maging single? Hindi naman para saken. At choosy nga ba ako? Feeling ko hindi naman. Minsan nga tinanong ako ni nanay kung hindi daw ba ako natatakot tumandang dalaga, na hindi daw ba ako takot or nalulungkot dahil mag-isa ako. Haller, mother, ngayon pa lang ako nagdadalaga so please no pressure! And ano bang nakakalungkot sa pag-iisa ko, mother, independence ang tawag diyan, sanayan lang ang mag-isa. Pero alam ko iyon ang fear ni mother, ‘yong masyado akong masanay mag-isa. Well, ano bang magagawa ko, eh sa wala akong makita! Well, nanininiwala naman akong darating din kung sino mang herodes yan, noh! Mag-we-wait na lang ako. Actually, natutuwa pa nga ako na hindi pa siya dumarating. Ang dami ko pa kasing gustong gawin, gustong ma-accomplish and everything. Baka ‘pag ngayon dumating yang si Mr. Right-slash-Hotshot Gorgeous Guy-slash-Lothario na yan eh hindi ko bigyang pansin sa dami ng priorites ko sa buhay. Naka-line up pa nga hanggang 2012,e, hehehe…Ayoko nga na darating siyang hindi ako prepared, I hate surprises pa naman. Ayoko ng dinadaan as gulpi de gulat at talagang magugulpi ako nang todo. Gusto ko dilat na dilat ang mga mata ko at ready ko siyang i-welcome with open hands, heart and soul at lahat lahat ng puwede pang i-open.
Pero kung sakaling dumating siya ngayon, I guess wala akong choice kundi tanggapin ang kapalaran. Sabi pa naman nung matandang babaeng nakasalubong ko no’ng college pa ko nung magsimba kami ni Shiela sa Quiapo, “Isang beses lang darating ang pag-ibig sa buhay mo. Kapag pinalampas mo, hindi na babalik.” That time, na-lurkey ako sa machiondang ale na yun, naisip ko pa na malamang sa hindi tumira ng rugby si manang noon, pero ngayon ko naisip na “it makes sense”. No woman would really know when she’s gonna fall in love di ba? Pero habang wala pa ung greatest TL ng buhay ko, I’ll enjoy life muna. And I intend to enjoy it to the fullest full! At sisiksikin ko pa para umapaw! Echos!
One of the most stressful job (to date) is being a call center agent! I’ll bet my life that a lot of call center agents would agree with this!
By the time we log in at the start of our designated shifts, we are to keep logged in the whole 9 hours — with 7.5 hours talk time (non-stop talk if calls are queuing ), two 15-min breaks and an hour lunch — we are not allowed to waste a single second doing nothing but be ready to answer calls as they come. Sure, we do have personal auxes but these auxillary times are for our wee breaks and for us to get water from the pantry or scattered water dispensers. We’re not at all allowed to eat on the floor, to chat with colleagues sitting next to us or to utter a single vernacular word as ex-pats continue to roam around. But all these are nothing compared to the stress we are getting as we answer phone calls. Not only did we get so stressed out apologizing and empathizing non-stop but also explaining processes and policies, giving instructions to resolve a certain issue, eating our hearts out establishing rapport, keeping our heads cool when calls get way out of hands and bearing in mind that we can never, ever talk back to our customers,at any rate. And that means, you just stay calm when customers started shouting at you, swearing at you and calling you names (wonderin’ why call center agents love the bitch and f-word?. It is because we hear them from customers a whole damn lot). Some would even go as far as insulting you for simply being a Filipino no matter how good you sound over the phone and how good you accent is. When someone called you the bitch from the Philippines, the most that you could do is warn the customer to stop blabbering, then hang up, but never retort and say, “T@#ena mo!!! “”
Say we, call center agents are allowed to respond in a manner we’re all wanting to, these are my would-be answers to given scenarios. Sarcasm becomes me.
1. Customer : I am not a technician, therefore I don’t have time to read the manual. It’s your job. Call center agent : Oh is that so, so what is that manual or operator guide for, display? No wonder you know nothing about the machine/product!
2. Customer : You’re not very helpful or You didn’t help me at all. Call center agent : Just because we’re not able to resolve specific issue doesn’t mean I am not helpful or I don’t wanna help you. After going through all the steps with you, you’re still thinking that I am not helpful?! We can’t force the machine or product to work if it’s busted, can we?
3. Customer : What am I to do with this product, throw it outside my window? Call center agent : ” Why don’t you try, hah, for a change?
4. Customer : This product/machine/service sucks. Call center agent : And you think your attitude doesn’t?
5. Customer : I can’t understand you, you have an accent. Call center agent : At least I’m bilingual, know how to speak Filipino and English. Can you speak Filipino? Chinese? French? Duh!
6. Customer : This is your job. Call Center agent : Of course, it is. That’s why I am helping you. But my job is to make sure your issue got resolved, it isn’t in my contract to break company policies and definitely not to make miracles! Walang himala.
We all have jobs to do and since answering phone calls and resolving isssue to help a customer feel better is our job, we’re inclined to give our darndest best. The customers, the callers give us job and in return, we do our jobs to help make thier lives a little better. Simple commerce.
But we also want respect from the callers, from the customers. Since we all want to be respected, and since to be respected means we should also repect other people, we should all learn to co-exist. Respect is something that’s earned and not something that’s being imposed. In order to be treated with dignity, one should make the other person dignified as well, in whatever he says, especially, in what he does.