Sawa ka na bang umiyak? Masaktan? Mag-isip? Sisihin ang sarili mo for the many oppotunities and chances na pinalampas mo? Mga oras na sinayang? Pagod ka na bang panoorin ang mga sari-saring scenes sa utak mo? Ang pauli-ilit na isipin at i-regret ang napakaraming “what if’s” and “if only” sa buhay mo? Then welcome to the club.
Ako, to deal with my ever-OA na plano to finally get over someone, come up with my own commandments. Hopefully masunod ka talaga lahat.
1. DO NOT OPEN HIS FRIENDSTER ACCOUNT. Or else, paulit-ulit at patuloy ka lang maho-hook na tingnan siya at i-update ang sarili mo sa mga whereabouts niya. Try not to look at his account for a week, then it’ll soon be a habit.
2. GO OUT WITH MALE FRIENDS, OFTEN. It doesn’t mean that just because you have your heart broken, you should run to any available guy. Enjoy your guy friends’ company and you’ll be surprise to know na kaya no ring mag-enjoy sa company ng lalaki na hindi mo bf.
3. DON’T WATCH ROMANTIC MOVIES (kasama diyan ang pakikinig ng mga pathetic lovesongs at pagbabasa ng mga romance novels). Believe me, maaalala mo lang siya. Ako nga ayoko ng marinig ang kanta ng Reo Speedwagon na “In my Dreams”.
4. LOOK FOR DIVERSIONS AND KEEP YOURSELF BUSY. Hindi sa umiiwas kang harapin ang totoo dahil believe me, with or without that person around, nandiyan lagi ‘yong pain, ‘yong feelings. Maganda na rin ‘to para walang time para mag-wallow sa self-pity and dry your tear ducts to death. Try to engage yourself in a sport or a hobby.
5. NEVER LOOK AT OLD PHOTOGRAPHS, Esp HIS. Maghanap ka na lang ng ibang pagsasawaan mong tingnan. I always love looking at Johnny Depp, I love you Johnny Depp!
6. FIND WAYS, no matter how simple or small they maybe, TO PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, ALWAYS! Malay mo, may ma-attract sa smile mo di ba? Sabi nga nila never frown for you’ll never know who might fall in love with your smile.
7. RECONNECT WITH OLD FRIENDS. Especially friends na hindi siya kilala. The less his name gets mentioned, the less the chances na maisip mo siya. Plus, you get to talk about things and moments you shared with them before like college antics di ba? Reunion to the max!
8. EAT YOUR GUILTY FOOD. Yihah! It’s high time you eat those mouthwatering foods you’ve deprived yourself of. Ice cream. Chocolates. Cakes. Yummy! These foods contain endorphin, a substance that serves to suppress pain.
9. TREAT YOURSELF. Shop. Get a make-over. Buy a new book. Make a career shift. Do anything that would make you feel good about yourself, do something that would bring back the self-worth you seem to have lost and lastly do something na alam mong mag-e-enjoy ka.
10. GET A LIFE. Try something new, something you’ve never done before. If you haven’t participated in any outreach programs before, try to participate, wag lang mag-donate. Mas masarap maging volunteer, iba ‘yong feeling. Or kung lately hindi mo nagagawang mag-soul searching, I guess this is the best time para gawin mo ‘yon and mas maganda kung mag-out of town kang mag-isa. Ako, I’m planning to enrol in a pole dancing class. Sabi nga nila matatanggal ang stress at inhibitions mo, papayat ka pa. Jackpot di bah? At sabi nga ni Madonna sa song niya na Vogue:
“Look around everywhere you turn is heartache
It’s everywhere that you go
You try everything you can to escape
The pain of life that you know
When all else fails and you long to be
Something better than you are today
I know a place where you can get away
It’s called a dance floor.”
O sige, guys goodluck na lang sa paraan mo ng paglimot at pag move on. You could also come up with your own list. Kaniya-kaniyang diskarte ‘yan!